Blink International is calling upon humanitarian and development professionals to apply for the Roster for various positions. Applicants must have experience working in the development or humanitarian sector. Applicants who fit the profile will be shortlisted and invited for a virtual interview. The roles predominantly involve remote work but should travel restrictions allow (after control of the Corona Virus pandemic) the roles may require travel for short durations. We welcome applicants from all countries with diverse experiences and skills. If you are enthusiastic, willing to be on the ground and motivated to learn as much as possible then you are the ideal candidate to join our Mission. We are seeking individuals to be part of our roster of professionals within the humanitarian and development sector.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
- Child Protection Specialist.
- Grants/ Proposal Development Manager
- Gender mainstreaming/ Women’s Protection and Empowerment Specialist
- Communications/ Media Specialist
- Mental Health/ Psychosocial Support Specialist
Qualifications: Academic or professional qualifications (Bachelor’s degree in IT, social science, communications or any other relevant qualification– Masters is an added advantage)
- Ability to speak fluent English and Kiswahili.
- Can write English.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the development or humanitarian sector.
- Knowledge and proven skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe (Acrobat) and/or Google (Drive, Docs, Sheets)
- Access to Internet preferably via desktop or laptop.
- Ability to work remotely and independently with little supervision.
- Proactive with problem-solving skills.
- The roles will sometimes require travel to the field for extended periods.
- Available to work on short-term projects (between 3 weeks to 3 months)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills
- A good sense of humor and positive attitude
- A self-starter, willing to take initiative and follow through on tasks.
- Added Advantages: Experience of working in development and/or humanitarian setting in a leadership position.
- Experience working as a consultant with multiple development organizations an added advantage.
- Written and spoken French and Spanish is an added advantage.
We will notify you if you proceed to the next stage of the process – a virtual interview at an agreed-upon time.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in your application.
Please send a CV with a cover letter along with the names of three work-related referees to: Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blink is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidates will be selected based on merit. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, colour, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Deadline for submission 31st July 2020